Browsium Ion 3.4 now available
Posted by: Browsium
Tags: Ion, Product Release
Posted date: December 4, 2014
Today we released a maintenance release of Browsium Ion to address a number of issues and feature enhancements requested by our customers. Changes in this release include:
- Adds support for Zone-based rules, enabling Ion rules to be triggered by the Internet Explorer Zone of the target web application.
- Renamed Ion Configuration Manager installer to Ion-ManagerSetup.msi (from Ion-AdminSetup.msi in prior versions.
- Increased default window size of String Replacement Editor so all fields are visible with no scroll bars.
- Changed Show Splash Screen on Start default to ‘Disabled’ in Project Settings for new projects (from ‘Enabled’ in prior versions).
- Enabled specification of HTTPS protocol version in the Ion proxy layer via Custom Ion Preferences. This change allows customers who have trouble connecting to a server in their environment with the default HTTPS protocol to specify a version of the protocol to use.
- Enabled specification of HTTP encoding character set in the Ion proxy layer via Custom Ion Preferences. This allows customers to fix a problem in which Ion may corrupt HTTP content containing certain characters during string replacement.
There are more details to help you install and use Ion 3.4 in the Release Notes. We highly recommend reading them before installing.
Install Ion 3.4 Today
If you’re already an Ion customer, you can download the new version from the download page sent to you with your license key. If you’re just evaluating Ion now, or are interested in evaluating it, you have two options:
- If you have engaged with us in the past, you simply need to confirm your email address. Then we’ll automatically direct you to the download page.
- If we didn’t find your email address, or if you’re new to Browsium, you can fill out our Evaluation Kit Request Form. You’ll have the software as soon as you verify your email address.
Be sure to read the FAQs and search the Knowledge Base. If you’d like to talk with our team about pricing or a reseller in your region, please email Browsium Sales.