Browsium Ion 3.7 now available – speeds project development and eases deployment
Posted by: Browsium
Tags: Ion, Java, Product Release, Remediation
Posted date: March 10, 2016
Today we released an update to Ion which delivers easier project development, improves deployment operations, and includes a variety of other enhancements. Now it is even easier for your enterprise to smoothly migrate to IE11 and secure and manage Java with Ion.
Important new features in Ion 3.7 include:
- Change Rendering Mode in a profile — accelerate profile development and testing by changing the rendering mode with a single click
- New configurations load on the fly without restarting Ion Controller — Ion admins now have the option to force instant or schedule loading of a new configuration
- Find in Project — search for strings in profiles, rules, and settings in an Ion project
- Project History — provides a comment log, so Ion project developers can annotate changes each time the project is saved
- Consolidation of User Agent String — now appears as a single string value on each profile sheet to simplify project development and testing
- Embed custom text or binary files directly into an Ion project — replace text or binary files on client without deploying the file to the client – Ion takes care of it
- Supports Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer — Ion is now compatible with IE’s most advanced security features
- Java Web Start applications — use Ion to invoke Java Web Start applications
- Supports Internet Explorer instances run with Administrator privilege — Ion now compatible with applications that require BeyondTrust PowerBroker
You can find more details about these product changes in the Ion 3.7 Release Notes
Learn More: Watch our 30-minute Ion 3.7 webinar
Ion 3.7 is loaded with new features. Watch our 30-minute webinar to learn how Ion 3.7 can benefit your organization.
Watch on-demand and read the Q&A
Install Ion 3.7 Today
If you’re already an Ion customer, you can download the new version from the download page sent to you with your license key. If you’re just evaluating Ion now, or are interested in evaluating it, you have two options:
- If you have engaged with us in the past, you simply need to confirm your email address. Then we’ll automatically direct you to the download page.
- If we didn’t find your email address, or if you’re new to Browsium, you can fill out our Evaluation Kit Request Form. You’ll have the software as soon as you verify your email address.
Be sure to read the FAQs and search the Knowledge Base. If you’d like to talk with our team about pricing or a reseller in your region, please email us.