Browsium Ion 3.4.2 now available
Posted by: Browsium
Tags: Ion, Product Release
Posted date: May 5, 2015
Today we released a minor update to Browsium Ion to address a few issues that have been reported by customers recently. Changes in this release include:
- Provides improved handling of an incomplete chunk response from certain web servers. (Chunked transfer encoding is a data transfer mechanism in version 1.1 of HTTP in which data is sent in a series of “chunks”.)
- Fixes an issue which causes Ion to periodically crash on systems also running AppSense software (e.g,. Application Manager or Environment Manager) to manage the desktop environment.
- Fixes an issue in which Ion may crash on a system with certain Ion registry keys configured for roaming. Ion previously relied on those keys to determine whether to rebuild local cache files. On affected machines with a roaming profile, the registry key would be present, but the cache files would be missing – causing the crash in Ion.
- Fixes an issue in which Ion certificates for HTTPS sites are not properly recreated during Ion version upgrades.
- Fixes an issue in which Ion fails to properly parse file names containing a space for .htm or .html pages accessed from the local file system.
- Fixes in issue which causes Ion to fail to run properly on the Turkish version of Windows.
There are more details to help you install and use Ion 3.4.2 in the Release Notes. We highly recommend reading them before installing.
Install Ion 3.4.2 today
If you’re already an Ion customer, you can download the new version from the download page sent to you with your license key. If you’re just evaluating Ion now, or are interested in evaluating it, you have two options:
- If you have engaged with us in the past, you simply need to confirm your email address. Then we’ll automatically direct you to the download page.
- If we didn’t find your email address, or if you’re new to Browsium, you can fill out our Evaluation Kit Request Form. You’ll have the software as soon as you verify your email address.
Be sure to read the FAQs and search the Knowledge Base. If you’d like to talk with our team about pricing or a reseller in your region, please email Browsium Sales.