Browsium Ion 3.5 now available with major Java management improvements
Posted by: Browsium
Tags: Ion, Java, Product Release, Remediation
Posted date: June 11, 2015
Today we released a significant update to Browsium Ion to greatly enhance its Java version management capabilities. This release brings Ion into full alignment with the capabilities of the most recent Java 8 releases and makes it far easier to remediate web applications that require legacy versions of Java. Read our Java management enhancements blog post to gain more insights into the Java improvements of Ion 3.5. The specific changes in this release include:
- Redesigned Java Version Manager uses the Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) to provide more robust Java remediation.
- Java Development Kit must be installed on systems running Ion Configuration Manager to use the Java Version Manager.
- Ion now supports multiple versions of Java 8 running side-by-side.
- Ion now enables current Java 8 to be upgraded without affecting legacy Java remediation.
- Eliminates the need to create or manage Custom Files entries for Java remediation of JRE 1.4 and above.
- New, lightweight file virtualization mode improves performance for Ion-managed instances of Internet Explorer that use custom files or Java version remediations, but no custom registry values.
- Fixes an incompatibility between Ion and Sophos web filtering.
There are more details to help you install and use Ion 3.5 in the Release Notes. We highly recommend reading them before installing.
Install Ion 3.5 today
If you’re already an Ion customer, you can download the new version from the download page sent to you with your license key. If you’re just evaluating Ion now, or are interested in evaluating it, you have two options:
- If you have engaged with us in the past, you simply need to confirm your email address. Then we’ll automatically direct you to the download page.
- If we didn’t find your email address, or if you’re new to Browsium, you can fill out our Evaluation Kit Request Form. You’ll have the software as soon as you verify your email address.
Be sure to read the FAQs and search the Knowledge Base. If you’d like to talk with our team about pricing or a reseller in your region, please email Browsium Sales.