Browsium Catalyst 2.0 now available – supports Windows 8
Posted by: Browsium
Tags: Catalyst, Product Release, Windows 8
Posted date: March 24, 2014
As Windows 8 matures, more and more enterprises are making plans to deploy Microsoft’s latest OS. Some are planning a complete migration, while others are trying to accommodate Windows 8 as it rolls into the organization on laptops and tablets purchased by executives.
At Browsium, we’ve responded to these needs with upgrades to both Ion and Catalyst. Last month we released Ion 3.2 with support for Windows 8 (plus a number of additional features). Today we’re releasing Catalyst 2.0 with an identical mission.
What’s New in Catalyst 2.0
Catalyst 2.0 has few visible changes, but a variety of important feature enhancements to support key deployment scenarios. Here is a brief list:
- Support for Windows 8.1 with IE11, and IE11 on Windows 7
- Support for bi-directional redirection of URLs between native Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox and virtual IE using Citrix XenApp
- Support for bi-directional redirection of URLs between native Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and virtual IE using VMware ThinApp
- New command-line switch displays active Catalyst configuration via the command “Controller /WhichConfig”
- Integrated setup allows choice of license key or 30-day evaluation during installation of Catalyst Client
Complete details of “what’s new” in Catalyst 2.0 can be found in the Release Notes. We highly recommend reading them before installing.
Install Catalyst 2.0 Today
Who should upgrade to Catalyst 2.0? Frankly, everyone deploying or evaluating Catalyst. If you’re already a Catalyst customer, you can download the new version from the download page sent to you with your license key. If you’re just evaluating Catalyst now, or are interested in evaluating it, you have two options:
- If you have engaged with us in the past, we simply need you to confirm your email address. Then we’ll automatically direct you to the download page.
- If we didn’t find your email address, or you’re new to Browsium, you can fill out our Evaluation Kit Request Form. You’ll have the software as soon as you verify your email address.
Be sure to read the FAQs and search the Knowledge Base. If you’d like to talk with our team about pricing or a reseller in your region, please email Browsium Sales.