Browsium Proton 1.2 now available with great new features and a giant performance boost
Posted by: Browsium
Tags: Product Release, Proton
Posted date: March 31, 2016
Back in December we released Browsium Proton 1.1. There’s no doubt that it’s awesome, but we just made it even better. On the surface this release may appear minor, as it has only increased from version 1.1 to 1.2. However, as you continue to scroll down through the list of changes, you may second guess our choice to call it 1.2. This is a clearly a big release.
Thanks to the valuable feedback our customers provided about what they wanted to see next, we were able to make some major updates to Proton. You’ll find several new features and functions, such as better performance, export capabilities, richer reporting, and much more. Please continue reading to find out more and see how you can start evaluating Proton today.
Here’s a partial list of what’s new:
- Document Modes — Data collection and reporting of document mode helps identify which pages are rendered in legacy modes and insights into how that mode was selected.
- ActiveX control security values — Data collection and reporting of safe-for-scripting and safe-for-initialization ActiveX controls helps organizations identify and resolve insecure settings needed for line-of-business applications.
- Sortable report columns — Aids content analysis by sorting the report columns by ascending or descending order.
- Data View exports — Enables easier sharing and integration of Proton report data into other analytics tools.
- Diagnostics page — Provides additional insights on system health and operations.
- Bulk upload of ignore rules — Eases the creation of large sets of ignore rules for popular consumer sites.
- Power User account type — Enables greater access to Manager feaatures without opening all settings to all users.
- Performance enhancements — Enables quicker response and ability to handle significantly larger data sets.
- Larger deployments and faster integration — Backend database performance optimizations enable larger end user client deployments and faster integration of client data.
- New filters — Now supports views by AD Site and IP range values.
- Data Retention Policy — Helps compliance with corporate data requirements and manage database growth.
You can find more details about the new features and other product fixes in the Proton 1.2 Release Notes
Install Proton 1.2 Today
If you’re already a Proton customer, you can download the new version from the download page sent to you with your license key. If you’re just evaluating Proton now, or are interested in evaluating it, you have two options:
- If you have engaged with us in the past, you simply need to confirm your email address. Then we’ll automatically direct you to the download page.
- If we didn’t find your email address, or if you’re new to Browsium, you can fill out our Evaluation Kit Request Form. You’ll have the software as soon as you verify your email address.
Be sure to read the FAQs and search the Knowledge Base. If you’d like to talk with our team about pricing or a reseller in your region, please email us.